Monday, January 18, 2010

Quick Update (25 w, 2 d)

Super quick update since our internet is only working on our patio and I am freezing my huge pregnant nipples off.

I have to say I am not entirely loving being pregnant lately. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful and I wouldn't pass this up for the world. I wanted this more than I've ever wanted anything and I love my baby so much. That being said, I am miserable. Mostly it comes from standing on my feet for 8 hours a day and having an evil cat and hip pains that wake me up all night long. By the end of my shift I feel like my feet are bleeding and I want to cry. My ribs (specifically my sternum area) hurt so much. I limp at the end of the day. My mum bought me a body pillow which is helping support my tummy and helping with the sternum pain but is not doing anything for my hips. I have actually woken up crying a couple times. I was planning on working until the beginning of April but I just don't think I can. I really need the hours to go towards my maternity leave but I am so unhappy and sore right now that I really don't know what to do.

On a positive note, the Fledgling is kicking up a storm and I love it so much. The kicks have gone from flutters to definite karate-style super kicks (possibly some Tai Bo?). Every time she kicks I fall even more in love.

I was reading Dr Sear's Breastfeeding book the other day and I thought I would check out my boobs. I gave my nipples a little twirl and a tiny bit of fluid came out! It was the coolest. I wasn't expecting anything like that for quite a while so it was pretty damn awesome.

I entered a contest to win a free "Birthing From Within" childbirthing class and I won! It's six weeks long and is taught by a Birthing From Within Mentor. I can't wait!

Anyhoo, more later since my fingers are going numb. xo

3 comments:

  1. Keep hanging in there, hun. *hugs* It will all be so worth it. And I wanna see that belly!!!! More pics please!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. both my cameras keep eating my batteries! I've tried different batteries and it's the same. I might just get a disposable one and scan pix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally feel you on that hip pain, literally. With both my pregnancies I have had really bad hip pain since really early in the beginning, I bet you feel like an 80 year old woman.
    It's caused by the baby spreading out your hips, and the extra weight on the tender joints. Honestly you really have to sit down more often throughout the day, let the joints relax with hot hot epsom salt baths and heating pads, and drink mucho water to lubricate your joints. None of this will prevent the pain, but hopefully it helps to ease it after a hard day's work.
    You could also try some stretching and yoga to strengthen the area, but I find usually find it painful for that.
    Sorry hun!

    ReplyDelete